2. My bet is those forces — and America’s CEOs — will continue to temper the president’s trade tantrums in the short term. But there are lots of people baying for Chinese trade blood in Washington these days.
5. ? President Obama declared a "major disaster" in New York and New Jersey. Flooding devastated the coast and more than 2.3 million lost power. The National Guard rescued hundreds from flooding in New Jersey. The governor, Chris Christie, a Republican, said the damage was "unthinkable". He praised the "outstanding" co-operation he had received from Obama.
6. 2006年，哈茨与现任丈夫凯文共同创办了在线票务平台Eventbrite。自成立以来，这家公司先后从红杉资本（Sequoia Capital）和老虎全球基金（Tiger Global Management）等公司获得了总计1.4亿美元的投资。今年9月，它的票务销售总额达到了20亿美元。创业让哈茨不得不在与人沟通时运用坦率、且具有合作性的对话方式。她说：“我必须学会如何寻求帮助。所有人都认为创业是勇敢的举动，但我认为，更需要勇气的事情是，把自己摆到众人面前，同时努力达成协作。”
3. Nineteen buildings disappeared in the space of 10 seconds after being demolished by a controlled explosion in China yesterday.
4. On January the U.S. government levied a $70 million fine on Honda for failing to disclose, as required, more than 1,700 deaths and injuries in its vehicles to the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA).
"Machines will be stronger and smarter than human beings, but they will never be wiser," he said, "because one thing's for sure: Wisdom, soul and heart are things that only human beings possess, and machines can never enjoy failure, success, friendship or love."