1. The Thai capital has bounced to the top of an annual list of the world's most popular travel destinations after spending several years in the wilderness (of second place).
2. Zhu Yongxin, a member of the CPPCC National Committee, full-time vice-chairman of the Central Committee of the China Association for Promoting Democracy and vice-president of the Chinese Society of Education, talking about an NPC deputy representing 670,000 electorates.
3. “If hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy,” he wrote in Bloomberg Businessweek in October.
4. The global trend of peace, development and cooperation and globalization are indivisible.
5. These artificial eyes have indeed restored sight to blind mice. And the follow-up experiments on monkeys offer a lot of hope for eventual trials on humans because monkey and human retinas work similarly.
2. In the past decade, only three blue diamonds of 10 carats or more with the same vivid grading for intensity have been sold at auction, all weighing less than 12 carats and none flawless, he said.
4. I am calling this the Wan Long prize, after the Chinese meat magnate who once uttered the clearest sentence ever spoken by a CEO: “What I do is kill pigs and sell meat.” Mr Wan will surely approve of my winner, a BNSF railway executive who told a conference: “We move stuff from one place to another.”
6. Second, McDermott, a career 39.9% three-point shooter, addresses Oklahoma City's biggest roster weakness—a lack of perimeter options around Russell Westbrook—and remains on a bargain rookie deal through the end of next season.
1. A major disruption still could push oil higher, but potential oversupply makes even that less likely. Emerging-market demand once kept supply so tight that any disruptions led to striking price moves, said Ole Hansen, head of commodity strategy at Saxo Bank.
2. 《副总统》(Veep)：Netflix公司的热门剧《纸牌屋》(House of Cards)今年露出疲态，但另一部讽刺华盛顿的HBO电视剧《副总统》却在第三季中更上一层楼。塞琳娜（朱莉娅·路易斯-德莱弗斯[Julia Louis-Dreyfus]饰）和助手加里（Gary，托尼·黑尔[Tony Hale]饰）在洗手间里发现自己即将成为总统后，激动得失声大笑，成为2014年喜剧片中最滑稽的一幕。
?Women fall for him because he's exciting to be around and this plays a much larger part in a relationship than most think. It's the key to a great first date. Even the femme fatales assigned to kill Bond fall for him. But studies show this isn't surprising at all. 007's character has frequently been accused of being sexist. This is probably true -- and only serves to make him that much more attractive to the ladies.